Clavier Companion and the Frances Clark Center are thrilled to launch this exciting new site, which will be the definitive resource for ideas and inspiration on the piano and piano teaching. We have listened to your feedback and spent nearly two years conceptualizing and building the site.
For the past three decades, the hallmark of Keyboard Companion and Clavier Companion magazines has been quality content. We have always worked to bring you expert writers, practical solutions, compelling ideas, and a variety of perspectives. Through the course of more than one-hundred and twenty issues, we've amassed quite a repository of articles. In addition to our flagship magazines, we also have content from Piano Pedagogy Forum, NCKP Proceedings, The Inclusive Piano Teaching Blog, and digital-only content you will find only at ClavierCompanion.com.
The new claviercompanion.com is centered around making that content available to you. Ultimately, this site will contain every article we've ever published (literally thousands of articles). As we launch, we're proud to bring you over 800 articles, including all 2017 content. The site will grow every week as we continue to add articles!
…. at your fingertips
Unlike paper magazines or .PDF uploads, all of the content on our new site is dynamic and searchable.
- You can search the complete database for any word, name, or concept.
- Articles are tagged by topic, keywords, and authors, allowing you to browse articles that have similar content.
- You can browse by issue date, year, publication, or tag.
- The site is responsive, meaning that text and images will automatically resize themselves to look great on any device you choose – laptop, tablet, or phone! No more zooming or squinting.
The site is designed for you to explore, and we encourage you to do so. But if you would like to read more about how the site works, we also invite you to continue reading this brief guide to the site's main sections and features.
The homepage is designed as a hub to showcase selected content and provide easy navigation to everything on the site. The center column will showcase featured articles, but feel free to use the search bar in the upper right or any of the tabs across the top to head directly to content you are looking for. The homepage will be updated regularly, so check back often for new ideas and digital-only content.
The ARTICLES section is the heart of the site, where you can access the vast landscape of content. Click directly on ARTICLES at the top of the home page, and you'll be taken to a grid that shows the major areas of the website. You can also access each of these content areas directly using the drop-down choices under ARTICLES.
- Current issue: See all the articles from the current issue of Clavier Companion.
- Clavier Companion: Browse every issue of Clavier Companion, from 2009 to thepresent.
- Keyboard Companion: Browse every issue of Keyboard Companion (1990-2008). This iconic magazine presents practical advice in a classic Q and A format.
- Piano Pedagogy Forum: Browse nearly twenty years of content from the leading scholarly publication in the field.
- NCKP Proceedings: Transcripts and committee reports from the National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy, the top conference in our profession.
- Inclusive Piano Teaching Blog: A new resource with expert advice and ideas for teaching all students, especially those with special needs.
- Digital-only content: Each print magazine is limited, but the website allows us to deliver more of the content you love.
Clicking on any one of these areas will take you to a browsing page where you can further explore content by issue.
Just for subscribing members, we've created an area where you can download materials to use in your studio. We've packaged together some of our readers' favorite articles and ideas here in one convenient place.
The forums are an exciting feature of the new site, where YOU will get to drive the discussion. Moderated by the expert writers and editors you have come to trust, these discussions will provide lively discussion and useful answers to everyday problems, without the drama you'll find in social media groups. Please post some questions, and chime in with your own ideas to be part of the discussion!
This is where you can purchase a membership to the site. Membership is offered at three levels:
Prelude (FREE): Access to the forum discussions, ability to post in forums, and access to a few select articles.
Sonata ($2/month): Full access to the ENTIRE digital archives; everything on the site.
Concerto ($3/month): Full access to the site, PLUS a subscription to the print edition of Clavier Companion (additional cost for international postage).
Once you are a member, you can use the MY ACCOUNT section to change your password or renew your membership/subscription.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUETSIONS
Please click here to view our list of frequently asked questions about the new website.