Brought to you by the experts at The Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy, Clavier Companion is the only publication in North America devoted exclusively to the concerns of the piano/keyboard performer and teacher. Readers receive the very best in cogent, focused, and practical articles on music and teaching at all levels, in-depth interviews, reviews of new materials, directories of camps and festivals, and penetrating columns.
Each issue of Clavier Companion contains:
- Practical solutions to everyday problems of performance and teaching
- Articles covering the newest trends and ideas in performance and pedagogy
- Profiles of leading pianists and pedagogues
- Though-provoking columns from inspiring writers
- Reviews of the latest sheet music, editions, books, software, CDs, DVDs, and technology
--For Web Browsers
--App for iPad/iPhone
Clavier Companion has a loyal and growing national and international following that includes pianists, piano teachers, and piano enthusiasts.
With a circulation of 9,000 print + digital copies and a reach of an estimated 30,000, Clavier Companion offers you the opportunity to promote your business to a highly-targeted group of music professionals.
82% of our followers describe themselves as piano teachers.
86% of our readers are women.
What is included in your price?
- Ads will appear in both the print and digital editions.
- Color is included in all pricing.
- URLs in your print ad are activated in our digital editions for no extra charge.
- Discounted rates are available for multiple insertions, as outlined below.
Spread (Two Pages)
Spread (Two Pages)
Inside Front Cover
Inside Back Cover
Left-of-Cover Position, $1000
- Seen on the main page when readers access the issue
- For browser version: 550 x 480 px; PNG, GIF, and SWF accepted
- For iOS app: 550 x 480 px; PDF
Right Skyscraper Position, $500
- Seen on the right side of the issue on the browser version and as a bottom banner in the iOS app
- For browser version: 120 x 600 px; PNG, GIF, and SWF accepted
- For iOS app: 4 formats must be provided; EPS, PNG, and PDF accepted
- iPad: portrait (768 x 50 px) & landscape (1024 x 32 px)
- iPhone: portrait (320 x 20 px) & landscape (480 x 15 px)
Draw more attention to your ad with the following media options:
|Manually Embedded Links||Any link added that was not already included in your ad, such as linking your Facebook icon to your Facebook page||$25/link|
|Link Fade||Color background “pulses” behind chosen text||$150|
|Rich Media - Audio, Video, Animation (appearing inside the issue)||Appearing inside the issue and supplied by advertiser||$250|
|Zoomerang Survey||Readers directed to Zoomarang web-site to complete survey||$300|
|Ad-Jolt - Creation and Insertion||Nxtbook designers animate static ad & insert into Nxtbook||$350|
Ad-Gen - Creation and Insertion
Nxtbook designers create Ad-Gen & insert onto advertisement
Gatefolds, Bellybands, Insert Cards, Tabs
Tabs are $100 for multiple tabs in same issue.
Custom Flash animation (This is not Ad-Jolt)
Nxtbook designers prepare detailed animation per advertisers request
2013 Deadlines for Space Reservation and Artwork:
By January 1
By March 1
By May 1
By July 1
By September 1
By November 1
Reservation, Submission, and Payment Process:
1. Complete an Insertion Order
Send your completed Insertion Order in one of the following ways:
- USPS to: Lauren Thompson, 12148 Jollyville Road, Apt. 907, Austin, TX 78759
2. Submit Your Advertisement
Send your artwork by e-mail to: Lauren Thompson,
; Trevor Roberson,
The following formats are accepted:
- PDF—Press quality settings with all fonts embedded and high resolution, minimum 300 dpi
- TIF/TIFF—Minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- JPG/JPEG—Minimum resolution of 300 dpi, saved at “high” or “maximum” setting
- Color ads must be in CMYK
- B&W ads must be in grayscale
- Bleed Specifications: 1/8”
3. Receive/Pay Invoice