1 items tagged "college faculty"
Results 1 - 1 of 1
- Category: ThePianoMag Blog
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 21:24
With my undergraduate pedagogy students, I have always made sure that they are aware of magazines that deal with piano and piano pedagogy. Over the years I have always required a report on each of these publications. I would usually loan students a copy from my personal library. In recent years I began to require a print subscription to Clavier Companion, usually through a group subscription. This last year I required students to subscribe to the digital edition — partly to save them money, partly to get their reaction to this 21st century medium for publication.
For their reports, they were asked to:
- Describe the layout of the magazine/website (Always good pedagogy to start with the whole and then proceed to the parts!)
- Summarize and discuss at least two complete articles (This portion gets the student to focus on topics specific to teaching.)
- List products they saw advertised of which they were not aware (This always reveals a lot about the student’s exposure to the pedagogical marketplace.)
- List any advertising links they explored